Have I become the ultimate procrastinator?

How often do you use the word procrastinator? I can’t say with certainty, but I think I use it at least once a month. For the sake of privacy and anonymity I won’t go into details of why I use it or whom I often call procrastinators. :) (Yes, I absolutely love the smiley faces, so what?)

Well the time has come, and I have recently been called a procrastinator myself. At first I didn't give it much thought but then I began to think about it a bit further. I began asking myself questions such as "What does it really mean to be a procrastinator? Is a procrastinator someone who deliberately delays everything until the last minute or someone who simply secretly hopes that if he/she waits just a bit longer, they won't have to deal with anything? Or is it simply someone who does not have the time to accomplish all that is expected of them in a timely fashion? Or do all of the above mean the same thing? Regardless of the answers, I believe that most of us deferred a task to a later time at one point or another. Let’s admit it, we are all human.

The bottom line is that I believe myself to have procrastinated reviewing, processing and posting many of my images online. Yes, guilty as charged. I am still to upload pictures from my trip to Israel (Dec. 2004), London (May 2005), Italy (June 2006), Spain (Aug. 2007), Portugal (Aug. 2007), Greece (Sept. 2007) and countless other images from the past 4 years, especially those of my 4 months old son. Some of my friends are loosing hope of ever seeing pictures of our endeavors together. My parents, the in-laws and my husband have already lost hope to ever seeing all of our wedding pictures.

Now that I started this blog, I ask myself "Am I procrastinating by finding other things to do instead of processing my pictures or am I being proactive by finally sharing my thoughts and images in a more meaningful way?" I am not yet sure of what the answer is. One thing for certain, every minute spent working on this blog is a minute spent away from photoshop and processing the images. Remember, I am also a mom and have a full time job.

Are you a procrastinator?

Comments

  1. On the subject of smiley faces
    (and TMs) :


    A Russian businessman has trademarked the emoticon

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081211/ap_on_fe_st/eu_odd_russia_trademarked_emoticon;_ylt=AmZEUCPQiA8i_IW_5p7qYXjtiBIF

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts