Top on my list this holiday season - AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G


On September 22, 2008 at Germany's Photokina trade show Nikon finally announced an update to the 50mm f/1.4 AF-D. The updated lens 50mm f/1.4G is just perfect and can be used for just about anything. It is also compatible with FX and DX digital, as well as film.

The announcement said the lenses will be available in December. Back in September when the announcement came out I decided to wait to purchase the updated version. And those of you who know me, know that "waiting" is a very difficult task. I am a very impatient person. December 1st, I contacted B&H to see if the lens is available - the disappointing and unexpected answer - "no". The lens will not be available until January. The store does not have it, not even for display. I checked with a friend who works for B&H. Adorama has it listed as "not in stock"with no scheduled date for delivery. Bummer.

Comments

Popular Posts